We’re excited to announce a brand new skate night: Sensory Skate. We’re dialing back the lights, sounds, and crowds to focus on low key days of play for sensory-sensitive kids. Sensory Skate is a fun-filled, sensory-friendly experience for families in Lakeland. Join us every second Saturday of the month!
Sensory Skate in Lakeland
We’re serious about going sensory-friendly. The Skate World staff is training at the CARD Institute at the University of Florida. Our team is learning the most effective ways to create a positive environment for people on the autism spectrum. We’re doing everything we can to create a sensory-friendly experience for kids in Lakeland. Let us hear from you! If you’re a parent of a sensory-sensitive child, let us know how we can better improve your child’s time with us. Our goal is 100% fun for your kids!
- Sensory Friendly Skate will take place every 2nd Saturday from 9-10:30am
- Admission is just $5
- Help your kids feel more comfortable skating by renting a Skate Mate for only $5
- We’ll turn down the music and lower the announcement volume
- There will be no strobe light effects
- Game machines will be turned off
- If your child has special dietary needs, please let us know when you arrive (we don’t allow outside food or drinks, but we’ll make an exception so your child can enjoy a snack)
- Kids are invited to roller-skate (you can even bring your own, as long as they’re in good condition)
- We’ll have other fun activities for kids who aren’t comfortable skating, including hula hoops, beach balls, hacky sacks, finger painting, coloring, and parachutes
- The kids can play games both on and off skates
- Kids 15 and younger can attend Sensory Skate (siblings are welcome, too!)
Mark your calendars! The next Skate World Sensory Skate takes place on April 8th.