Education and Fun, All Rolled Into One!
WE HAVE RECEIVED POLK COUNTY DISTRICT APPROVAL FOR A STEM FIELD TRIP AT SKATE WORLD!
A unique educational experience that gets students EXCITED about learning! Students will learn how the concepts of SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING and MATH can be found in everyday experiences, even FUN experiences like ROLLER SKATING.
- Our Hope is to influence student’s decisions earlier in life and inspire them to choose jobs relating to STEM. The United Sates is at such a disadvantage in this area.
- The US is ranked 38th in Math and 24th in Science education out of 71 countries.
- The US cannot produce enough engineers to fulfill the job availability in the US.
- Our program is full of excitement and sparks the students excitement about STEM!
- Grant opportunities for Title 1 schools.
Our professional STEM Educators teach visiting students about how STEM principles exist in just about every part of life. The lessons focus on hands on activities that are both educational and fun! Lessons are customized based on teachers needs to DIRECTLY RELATE back to classroom learning making this program completely unique! Following the completion of the 1hour STEM Lesson, the students roller skate for physical fitness. While Roller Skating the concepts students learned are continually reinforced. Our lessons are designed not only to help students overcome their fear of learning STEM concepts but to show how STEM is both FUN & EXCITING!
FUN Physical Fitness!
- 1 Hour of STEM Education
- 2 Hours of Physical Fitness through Roller Skating!
- The Science of Roller Skating
- Motion & Skate Design
- Music, Math & Roller Skating
- Super Sound! Acoustics & Rink Design
- Engineering Magic & Lighting
- Fractions and Math
- Heart Health and Fitness
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Physics of Artistic Skating (middle school only)
Lori Bradner, M.Ed. – STEM Coordinator All Saints Academy says “as educators, we are always striving to meet students “where they are.” This program at Skate World allows teachers to connect Common Core content with something students of all ages already know and love! This is a MUST DO for any school wishing to promote STEM education for their students!!
Our 2nd Graders had a BLAST on the STEM Skate World field trip! We learned some history, experimented with force and motion and even got to take a skate apart! Be sure to ask if your school is eligible to receive a grant for a free field trip! Winston Academy of Engineering
Our kids had a great time at Skate World. The staff was friendly and took extra time to teach our students how to skate and about skating. The STEM activities were hands on and the children enjoyed taking apart a skate and examining the various textures in a skating rink. What a fun and educational experience! Cornerstone Christian Academy, Avon Park
Amazing time today! My kids had so much fun learning about the history of skates and how to be engineers. Getting to use tools to assemble the skates was a major bonus, and of course rolling through the rink was a blast! Thanks so much for a great day! Home-School Group