Want to keep kids active, engaged, and having a ball? Parents and educators, listen up. Skate World is dedicated to making learning and exercise exciting. Plan a school field trip with Skate World. And while you wait for approval, bring a group of students (and their parents!) to Skate World’s Presidents Day skating session this Monday from 12-4pm.
Skate World Field Trips
Looking for a fun, educational trip to keep kids learning and having fun? A field trip at Skate World is just the ticket! We tailor our skating and science presentation to the age and education-level of each group of kids, so whether you’re teaching middle school scholars or excitable 8 year olds, they’ll leave with a head full of knowledge. Our science and fitness field trips include an interactive, educational PowerPoint presentation, a quick skating lessons for kids who are shaky on their skates, snack time to refresh students’ minds and bodies, and plenty of time to apply each lesson on the roller-skating floor.
Fast Facts for the Skating Track
School’s out on Monday for Presidents Day, which may be all you need to know. But if you’re ready to stretch your brain and wow your friends, parents, and teachers with awesome presidential facts, keep reading!
- Presidents Day became an official national holiday in 1971, when the Uniform Monday Holiday Act was passed to give Americans more 3-day weekends (thanks, Congress!)
- Presidents Day honors all presidents, but 4 of them were born in Februrary: George Washington, William Henry Harrison, Abraham Lincoln, and Ronald Reagan
- There’s a hilarious blog that photoshops roller-skates onto our nations leaders
- President Roosevelt (and his entire family!) owned stilts
- Ulysses S. Grant was the first president to visit Hawaii, Egypt, and the Great Wall of China
- Abraham Lincoln may have been the tallest president, but James Madison was the shortest
- Gerard Ford let his daughter host her senior prom in the White House
Do you know fun facts about America’s presidents? Share them on the skating floor at Skate World’s Presidents Day skating session!